You can support us in different ways
- Donations keep on giving year after year
- Help at events with your time or skills
- Donate materials or services
For subtitles click CC, then English CC
This video of our grant recipients donated by Alex and Jono films – for their service contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a donation
The main fund is income tax deductible and suitable for personal donations; the extension fund is tax-exempt and suitable for businesses.
As well as entering a team in the upcoming March Golf Day and book a table at the Business Lunch, other types of sponsorship may also suit you well:
In 2019 we had a variety of sponsors – one of the more popular was Mayvers/Nufarm who provided a jar of peanut butter or tahini to every player. These were well received and yum! A lot of people are now regular customers.
If you sponsor a golf hole, you get signage on course and in our marketing materials, this is a great way to expand your company’s brand exposure amongst other corporates.
Last year we had supporters who provided alcohol, thank you to our local brewers, Two Birds and Wingara Wines. We had flowers and arrangements from Monstera in Williamstown, printing and more. Giving in this is a great way to promote your business products and get brand exposure.
Other ways you can help
Payroll / employee giving program
Businesses can provide a tax deductible payroll deduction option for employees. Contact us to help you arrange this.
Corporate support or sponsorship
We’ve established a reputable presence in our community and want to leave a legacy that will benefit future generations. We can’t do it alone and are always looking for partners to grow and help us.
- Andy Griffiths is an acclaimed author of the children’s tree house book series! Him and his wife Jill are proud Hobsons Bay residents and are delighted to donate some of his book series and last year we auctioned a new book, before the actual release date
- Alex Joseski co-produced our HBCF show case video and runs his own business specialising in pre-production, filming, and editing of videos – including concept to completion. if you’re looking to hire someone, we highly recommend him – to contact him email@example.com
- We are always looking for people with IT / graphic design skills to help us with marketing and social media and people with event management experience
- Signcraft recently produced some wonderful signs for the golf day and even donated over $1,000 of star pickets to put them up. What a stellar effort and great promotion for your fantastic products
If you have goods or services to offer – we can promote your products at our events or connect you with community groups. An example was Altona chemical manufacturer Qenos donated worm farms and composting bins to Francis Sullivan Preschool and Eastona Park Primary School. Both groups applied for a grant from the HBCF to buy the items. But Qenos provided these, allowing our finances to stretch to other projects.
We will take any donation! Last year, G. & E. Pitliangas donated a freshly caught shark to us! This was a hotly contested auction item, we’re pretty sure it’s the first time a shark has been auctioned. We hear the winning bidder from Basset Lobaza architects had a great dinner party with a really fresh catch!