HBCF Community Impact Grants now open!
The Hobsons Bay Community Fund (HBCF) is a perpetual philanthropic fund established to benefit and strengthen the community of Hobsons Bay for present and future generations. The HBCF invites applications from 16 March to 30 May 2020 that contribute to making our local communities Fair, Inclusive and Vibrant. Grant applications of between $500 and $5,000 must address a need outlined in one of the categories below:
- Access to food & housing
- Equal opportunities for youth in education & employment
- Emergency aid
- Culturally & Linguistically Diverse (CALD) groups
- Migrants, Refugees, Asylum Seekers
- Those with a physical or intellectual disability
- Socially marginalised cohorts
- Physical/mental health and wellbeing
- Positive ageing
- A sustainable environment
- Arts and culture based engagement
Who can apply?
- Any organisation or group delivering projects or programs within Hobsons Bay
- Applications will need to clearly demonstrate how their project aligns to at least one of the HBCF Community Impact Grants’ three categories of Fair, Inclusive and Vibrant.
Who can’t apply?
- Organisations or groups that deliver projects or programs outside of Hobsons Bay.
What we WILL fund
- Projects that address underlying causes rather than symptoms
- Projects that respond to community problems in Hobsons Bay in a creative and innovative way
- Projects that promote collaboration within the community
- Projects that expand access and opportunities for people from disadvantaged and underserved communities
- Projects that support smaller/grassroots groups that are not incorporated
- Grants for 1 year programs only
What we WILL NOT fund
- Programs operating outside of the Hobsons Bay area
- Operating or recurring costs (eg. wages, utilities, rent, administrative costs)
- General fundraising campaigns or annual appeals
- Funds for investment or debt servicing
- Retrospective funding
- Projects with more appropriate alternative funding sources