HBCF COVID-19 Rapid Response Grants
The Hobsons Bay Community Fund is a perpetual philanthropic fund established to benefit and strengthen the community of Hobsons Bay for present and future generations.
We welcome applications for HBCF COVID-19 Rapid Response Grants
until 1 December 2020
HBCF COVID-19 Rapid Response Grant Program
Grants that meet a high need in the community and require a ‘rapid response’ (4-6 week turnaround) in order to respond to current and emerging challenges and opportunities in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Grants up to $2,000.
Note: Grants in excess of $2,000 will be considered in exceptional circumstances. The Rapid Response Grant program is open from 25 April 2020 until 1 December 2020.
See the Funding Guidelines and further information below.
HBCF COVID-19 Rapid Response Grants – Further Information
Applications for the COVID-19 Rapid Response Grants Program are open until 1 December 2020. Applications must address a high need in the community and require a ‘rapid response’ (4-6 week turnaround) in order to respond to current and emerging challenges and opportunities in response to the COVID-19 crisis through one of the categories below:
COVID-19 Rapid Response Grant Categories:
- Access to food and housing security
- Equal opportunities for youth in education and employment
- Emergency aid
- Culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) groups
- Migrants/refugees/asylum seekers
- Those with a physical or intellectual disability
- Socially marginalised cohorts
- Physical/mental health and wellbeing.
Who can apply?
- Any organisation or group delivering projects or programs within Hobsons Bay
- Applications will need to clearly demonstrate how their project aligns to the HBCF COVID-19 Rapid Response Grant categories above.
Who can’t apply?
- Organisations or groups that deliver projects or programs outside of Hobsons Bay
- Organisations or groups who have already received funding through the 2020 HBCF Community Impact Grants Program.
What we WILL fund
- Equipment and/or resources. Funding assistance is available to purchase equipment and/or resources which provide assistance to a group/organisation during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Funding to develop a project/program that responds to an urgent current or emerging challenge or opportunity related to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Projects that expand access and opportunities for people from disadvantaged and underserved communities to access programs or services during this time.
- Projects that support smaller/grassroots groups that are not incorporated.
- One-off grants.
What we WILL NOT fund
- Programs operating outside of the Hobsons Bay area
- General fundraising campaigns or annual appeals
- Funds for investment or debt servicing
- Retrospective funding
- Projects with more appropriate alternative funding sources